Thursday, August 2, 2007

My Heart is Bleeding for Minneapolis


I can not tell you how many times I have traveled over that bridge. My heart is aching and as I stare at the images on the TV screen I am numb, I can not even begin to imagine what is must be like for everyone involved. My cell phone was getting a busy signal last night every time I went to use it and I was wondering why, 15 minutes later is when I received word about this tragedy and within seconds I had my answer to all the busy signals. Families and friends were dialing frantically to contact one another.
We are 160 miles away, yet so close. Mike's best friend is a police officer in Minneapolis so Mike called to make sure he and his family were safe. Low and behold Josh answered and told Mike he is on a 20 hour stretch right now and working just under the bridge. Mike and I were watching the Today show this morning and one of the images we saw was a school bus barely hanging on the bridge, well that is were Josh is working......right below that bus! Poor Josh, thankfully he is ok but what he is witnessing must be very difficult. Josh hang in there buddy, we are praying for you!!! As I am praying for everyone in the city of Minneapolis!!!!!

2 comments:

Beth G. @SweetLifeKitchen said...

I'm so glad you guys are ok, this is a terrible tragedy- my heart goes out to all involved!

josh said...

Just catching up on your blog and saw the posting on the 35W bridge collapse...It truly was a chaotic scene....Thanks for the nice words.