Friday, October 12, 2007

Apple Festival in Bayfield Wisconsin

Every year in October our family goes to Bayfield for their Apple Festival and it is a great time! The orchards are gorgeous and full of the most plump, shiny, delicious apples you have ever tasted in your life. This year the weather was chilly and foggy so we were not able to get pictures of the beautiful islands. Still the food was plenty and most everything had apples in it including delicious Caramel Apple Cheesecake that Mike and I chowed down on :) I wanted an Applebratwurst but the line was ridiculously long so I passed. We did however find short lines and had pizza, mini doughnuts, kettle corn, Indian tacos, chicken gyros, apple cider, and I topped my day off with yummy sangria.
We all left there with full bellies and 25 pounds of apples!





2 comments:

Staci Landis said...

I LOVE the apple festival! One of my favorite things I miss! My family all went...:-( Well, I hope you ate lots of yummy food! Another great thing about the apple fest...:-)

GummyMommy said...

Miranda.. I just have to say that Cainen has the most adorable eyes I've ever seen.. He's such a cutie, but those eyes are to die for... ! You proud mommy!