Friday, October 19, 2007

Utopia Salon and Spa

Wow how life can change in just one blink of the eye. This last year has consisted of a few salon changes for me but this last week was the icing on the cake. When I went to school for Cosmetology I went because it was something I had always been interested in, I tried the four year college thing and my heart kept bringing me back to my original interest. So when I finally entered into the program I learned more than I thought I ever would, I learned that I was going to have the career I had always dreamed of and was going to love it. At graduation my instructor took me aside to give me a big hug while doing so she whispered in my ear and told me "You will do great things, dream big and you can achieve anything. Your talent is raw and that is rare. You can see your heart through your eyes when you are behind the chair."
I will never forget that! After school I was fortunate to work in a very busy, professional, fun salon where I gained a wonderful clientele base that I feel I deserve because I appreciate them and I am good at what I do because I love it. After 3 years there the time had come when I felt I wanted more so I went on to open my own salon with another stylist friend of mine. That was the highlight of my career. I could see myself there for a long time....my visions started small and remained that way until I knew it was time for greater things with the salon, it was moving in the right direction and I wanted to take the next step. However my partner and I had hit a bump in the road, our visions were no longer the same and I found out I was pregnant so I graciously stepped aside leaving our salon to her. I felt like all of my dreams were crashing down around me yet at the same time I knew I was doing the right thing, my heart and gut told me so. I don't regret that decision and I never will yet a small part of me felt like a failure, a let down, someone who had such a strong passion for what she was doing just let that all go?!!
Well I have that drive and passion back and I could not be more thrilled.....I have gone through alot of turmoil and changes but have finally found somewhere I call home. Somewhere I can go to work and laugh again, a professional environment where the ladies and I all share the same goal. Going there makes me smile and feel good about me! I am a true believer in the saying: "Everything happens for a reason" I now know my reason for all the heartache I have felt in the last year and the payoff is huge!
Enjoy my new home, these are just a few images....the pictures do not do it justice so if you are ever in need of a cut or color please call me at 715 3921700 because you have to see it in person, you too will love it! I know a shameless plug right? Had to :)



3 comments:

a real librarian said...

Congratulations!!! The new place looks amazing!!!

Bets said...

Well said and a big congrats to you! The place looks so inviting!!!

Staci Landis said...

Congratulations! I wish I lived there...I'd have you as my stylist. :-) I updated my blog from the expo in NY. Check it out!